What is Ultrasn0w 1.2 Unlock?
We are providing this information for the people that are still unaware of the Ultrasn0w 1.2 Unlock. Here, iPhone Dev team considered an initiation to unlock iPhone 3GS or 3G on baseband 05.1.402 and this initiation is quite a new procedure. In this procedure, update the iPhone 3GS, 3G to iPad baseband 06.15.00 and now expose it to a familiar exploit in the new Ultrasn0w 1.2 for unlocking the device. Some of the tools such as Pwnage Tool 4.1.3 Unlock Edition and Redsn0w 0.9.6 Beta 5 were available, and these tools will be successful to update 3GS, 3G baseband to 06.15.00.
Here, one more problem is significantly paining all the iPhone 3GS and 3G users and this problem is battery drain off. Now, there is a solution available to arrest this problem in the form of Cydia tweak and this will help to activate iPhone 3GS and 3G without stock SIM. This kind of activation will make your iPhone not to look for any push certificate and this will ensure the significant arrest to your battery drain off problem. Here, one thing should be remembered by the each iPhone user. The iOS 4.2 will work completely different from its predecessor iOS 4.1. The latest iOS 4.2 always keep on checking for the push certificate through the Wi-Fi or through some other available data plan. This activity will result into excess battery drain off for your iPhone.
Subscribe Activation Module or SAM:
The above mentioned Cydia tweak is a brain child of a hacker Bingner and currently available for all iPhone users. This Cydia tweak is always successful at tricking the iTunes and makes them believe that the device has legitimate activation. The iPhone that was unlocked on Ultrasn0w 1.2 will be hard to detect through the iTunes. The iPhone users that are interested in installing SAM should remember that this procedure demands you to SSH into your iPhone in order to revert lockdownd to a stock one. In fact, this step is little difficult and major vital part of the entire process.
Currently, an updated version of Redsn0w, Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 is available from iPhone Dev Team and this will include support for SAM too. The latest version with a support for SAM is all about to consider the lockdownd revert process successfully on its own.
Step-By-step Instructions to Activate iPhone 3GS, 3G after Ultrasn0w 1.2 Unlock:
• The important point to remember here is that the iPhone owners that were already activated with the official SIM and currently having battery drainage issues are suggested not using this process as it won’t be of any help.
• The below steps are suggested for unlocked iPhone 3GS, 3G using Ultrasn0w 1.2 after updating baseband to 06.15.00.
1. Open the Cydia and click on ‘Manage’.
2. Now, click on ‘Sources’, then click on ‘Edit’ that is at the top right. Now, click on ‘Add’ at the top left.
3. Now, enter http://repo.bingner.com and click ‘Add Source’. Cydia will update its sources successfully.
4. Now, look for ‘SAM’ and ‘SAMPrefs’ and try to install both tweaks on the iPhone successfully.
5. Now, you’ve to revert to a stock lockdownd for SAM to function. For this, click “Revert Lockdownd to stock” in settings>SAM. OR You can also do, run Redsn0w 0.9.6 Beta 6 with the ‘Deactivate’ option. This beta version will help to remove the normal patches that are made to lockdownd and help the SAM to take over the entire process.
6. After the successful completion of the above-steps, go to Settings>SAM and now select ‘De-Activate iPhone’.
7. Now, run Redsn0w 0.9.6b6.
8. Now, look for current firmware on your iPhone (iOS 4.1/iOS 4.2). Here, Redsn0w will process the IPSW and locate it. Now click NEXT.
9. Now, allow the Redsn0w 0.9.6 Beta 6 to prepare jailbreak data through patching the kernel and ramdisk info.
10. In the next screen, make a choice with ‘Deactivate’ and click NEXT.
11. Now, keep the iPhone into DFU mode through following the onscreen instructions properly.
12. The above mentioned step should be carried as, hold down the POWER/SLEEP button for three seconds. Now, hold the HOME button without releasing the POWER button yet and let it be like that for ten seconds. Now, release the POWER button through still holding the HOME button. Now, keep the HOME button on hold for fifteen seconds.
13. Now, rest things will be considered successfully through Redsn0w. Once after the iPhone reboots successfully, open Settings>SAM and enable ‘De-Activate’ on your iPhone.
14. Now, activate your iPhone with iTunes successfully. Here, sometimes there is a chance that iTunes might prompt as ‘Invalid SIM’, here; you will need to consider manual selection for the appropriate carrier. For this, go with one of the methods besides ‘Automatic’ and click over the SMID.
Now, your iPhone 3GS or 3G is perfect with full benefit and there will be no longer any push applications and batter drain off situations.
via : dkszone.
Pictures : courtsey dkszone.