Now days there are number of phones that are rooted and if you desire to root Motorola Defy then we have the step guide to Root Motorola Defy. It is possible with the help of Xda-devlopers Forum.
XDA-Developers have transferred to their success collection another hack success with the rooting of Motorola Defy.The following steps will grant you all the permissions to the ruggedized Android handset, and it is very simple, just you have to be careful that all the necessary information is entered.
Following are the Steps to Root Your Motorola Defy.
1. Go to settings—> Applications—> Development—> Check “USB Debugging” option.
2. Connect the Motorola Defy to your PC using USB cable.
3. Download Rooting.Zip and unzip it’s content on your PC.
4. Launch ADB and transfer all the downloaded files to your phone. If writing commands in command lines are problem to you, then you can use ADB Gui tool for Windows that helps you automate these commands.
adb push Superuser.apk /sdcard/Superuser.apk
adb push su /sdcard/su
adb push busybox /sdcard/busybox
adb push exploit.bin /data/local/tmp/exploit.bin
5. Go to the internal shell of your phone using ADB
6. You may take advantage of the fake root exploit:
chmod 0755 exploit.bin
7. Now when you come back to the normal console and re-connect again. You should be having the root permissions. (# will be displayed instead of $)
8. Now you have to mount the /system partition as writable and copy all the files having permissions using the following commands
mount -o rw,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
cp /sdcard/Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apk
cp /sdcard/su /system/bin/su
cp /sdcard/busybox /system/bin/busybox
chmod 4755 /system/bin/su
chmod 4755 /system/bin/busybox
mount -o ro,remount -t ext3 /dev/block/mmcblk1p21 /system
9. Restart your device which should be rooted now. It can further be confirmed if you install any app that needs root access.
Be in regular touch with us for more Updates from the Mobile world.