Now, iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4 and ipad credited with Redsn0w 0.9.7b1 from iPhone Dev Team. This Redsn0w 0.9.7b1 is for Mac OS X for untethered Jailbreak of mentioned gadgets. It requires iOS 4.2 Beta 3 IPSW and also 4.2 b3 SHSH blobs which is saved over Cydia for your iDevice. Remember that this untethered jailbreak is only for Mac users.
Important points to be remembered:
• This Redsn0w 0.9.7 Beta 1 is only suitable and works for iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4 and iPad.
• Keep away from Ultrasn0w unlockers and suggested waiting until the final version available.
• Keep the 4.2b3 SHSH saved and ready over the Cydia for this process. This can be confirmed through seeing the 4.2b3 on Cydia’s home screen on your iDevice.
4. Keep the Bluetooth in disabled mode for this procedure.
Everyone should remember that this Redsn0w is a beta version and suggested staying away from unlock. Also, suggested having a back up procedure for the data on your device before the process initiation.
The following are the steps to untether your 4.2.1 jailbreak on iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4 and iPad. Beforehand, jailbroken on iOS 4.2.1 is essential to proceed with the below steps.
Jailbreak the iOS 4.2.1 for your iPhone 4/ iPod Touch 4/ iPad successfully, before proceeding with the below steps.
You should install usbmuxd software over your Mac and this software is essential for the effective working of Redsn0w 0.9.7 Beta 1. Perhaps the final version will not demand this pre-requisite.
Access the Mac Terminal and cd to ‘python-client’ directory of the usbmuxd folder. Now, type the following commands:
Instantly you can witness a message mentioning ‘Forwarding local port 2222 to remote port 22’.
Now, run the Redsn0w 0.9.7b1 and select iOS 4.2.1 IPSW for iPhone 4 or iPod Touch 4 or iPad.
Now, Redsn0w will successfully identify the IPSW. Now, click over NEXT. The rest action will take a little while and be patient with the procedure.
Now, Redsn0w will start preparing jailbreak data through patching the kernel.
On the next screen select the option shown as ‘jailbreak Monte’ for untethered jailbreak. It will respond instantly and will ask you to browse and select iOS 4.2 Beta 3 IPSW for iPhone 4.
Remember that this iOS 4.2 Beta is available only for Apple registered developers. But, a little research can help you in retrieving the same over the internet.
Now, click NEXT.
Now, the procedure will ask you to plug in your iPhone 4 and switch it off.
Now, it is the time to keep your device on DFU mode and for this follow the below given steps.
• Hold down the POWER/SLEEP button continuously for three seconds.
• Now, hold down the HOME button for ten seconds without releasing the POWER button.
• Now, release the POWER button, but hold down the HOME button continuously for 15 seconds.
Now, the entire procedure has come to an end and wait until the Redsn0w successfully jailbreaks your device. You will be witnessing for a while “Preparing jailbreak Monte Files” on the screen until its completion.
After the successful completion of the process, the device will restarts along with a complete untethered 4.2.1 jailbreak on your device.