The US customers can now buy the Nokia N900, because Nokia’s just revealed a press release announcing their new, Maemo-powered handset’s availability in the U.S. Orders are shipping now, and the phone is available for sale in stores across the country.
Key features of Nokia N900:
- Powerful ARM Cortex-A8 600 MHz processor and up to 1GB of application memory
- 3.5-inch (800×480 pixel resolution) touchscreen display and sliding full QWERTY tactile keyboard
- 5 megapixel camera with Carl Zeiss optics and dual LED flash
- 3D graphics accelerator with OpenGL ES 2.0 support
- Support Adobe Flash 9.4 for quickly accessing rich Flash content across the web
- High-speed Maemo Browser powered by a fast Mozilla engine
- Ability to multitask several applications or web browsers at once
- Built-in FM transmitter, and A-GPS with pre-loaded Ovi Maps application
- 3.5G, Bluetooth and WLAN connectivity
- 32GB internal memory storage, expandable to up to 48GB with microSD card
- Linux-based Maemo operating system
- Available in black finish
The Nokia N900 feature a 800 x 480 resolution 3.5” 16 million color TFT resistive touchscreen display, an impressive 32GB of onboard storage capacity, (which can be further supplemented thanks to a microSD card slot), integrated WiFi (802.11 b/g) and Bluetooth V.20 wireless connectivity and a 5 megapixel autofocus camera with Carl Zeiss optics and dual LED flash.
The Nokia N900 which measures 110.9 × 59.8 × 18 mm and weights just 181 grams is now available in US through nokiausa.com, Amazon.com and other retailers for $649.