Saygus VPhone to Become Verizon’s First Open Development Handset As per the online Phonescoop magazine, Saygus VPhone ( Brand name for V1 Android Handset) is going to become the first Open Development Initiative of Verizon wireless and is shortly to get necessary certification for Verizon network.
The stand alone features integrated in this handset includes:-
• A 5-megapixel VGA camera with flash, capable of two-way video feed sharing between two persons.
• A 624 MHz processor, 16GB storage, 512 MB flash and 256 MB SDRAM memories.
• Compatibility to work as Wi-Fi router for wireless broadband
• 3.5- inch high resolution 800×480 pixel capacitive touch screen
• Wi-Fi, EVDO Rev.A as well as Bluetooth connectivity along with GPS
• Electronic digital compass and a 3D accelerometer
• The device can also be utilized with 3G connections.
Having overall dimensions of 116.5 mm x 59.5mm x 20.3mm, the handset is a sort of a mini laptop incorporating 4-row QWERTY keyboard with side way slider.It is claimed that the designation ‘Open Development Initiative or ODI’ shields this instrument from restrictions imposed on other Verizon devices. VPhone is already certified by FCC and may be expected in the market any time towards this year end or early next year.